Berlin to Prague River Cruise
Tour the opulent palaces of Saxon monarchs; sail between the dramatic sandstone cliffs of Germany’s “Saxon Switzerland”; marvel at the baroque splendour of Dresden; and see how Meissen Ware porcelain is produced. You’ll trace the footsteps of Martin Luther in historic Wittenberg and learn about the Protestant Reformation. Your journey is bookended by one night in multicultural Berlin and one night in graceful Prague.
Veranda Stateroom from (Based on 2 people sharing)
- Stateroom size: 180 sq. ft.
- Hotel-style beds 79 inches x 63 inches (with optional twin-bed configuration)
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors open to a full-size veranda
- Private bathroom with shower and premium bath products
- Telephone, refrigerator, safe, hair dryer & bottled water replenished daily
- Bathrobe and slippers available upon request
- Individual climate control
- Space under bed for storing suitcases
- Roomy wardrobe with wooden hangers
- Voltage: 220V and 110V in stateroom
- Sony 42-inch flat-panel TV with premium entertainment package including: CNBC, CNN, FOX, National Geographic, MGM Movies, Sky Cinema, videos on demand and “View From the Bridge
8-day cruise (6-day cruise for 2017 sailing dates) with river-view stateroom
1-night stay (2 nights for 2017 sailing dates) in First-Class Hilton Berlin (or similar)
1-night stay (2 nights for 2017 sailing dates) in First-Class Hilton Prague Hotel (or similar)
1-night stay in superior first class Hilton Prague (or similar)
8 guided tours with audio headset
All on-board meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 7 dinners, featuring regional specialties and including
Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner plus 1 breakfast each in Berlin & Prague hotels (2017 sailing dates: 5 breakfasts; 4 lunches; 5 dinners + daily breakfast at the Prague & Berlin hotels)
Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with on-board dinner and lunch service
Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Culture Curriculum: Enjoy baroque chamber music & a Czech folkloric performance; listen to an eyewitness account of Czechoslovakia’s Velvet Revolution; attend lectures on Luther & the Reformation; modern-day Czech Republic & the Elbe flood of 2002; visit a local market.
All port charges
Free Wi-Fi, connection speed may vary
On board the Viking Astrild gaze at breath taking scenery through the Restaurant’s panoramic windows as you dine on regional specialties and contemporary cuisine. The atmosphere is casual yet elegant, with high-quality table linens, china, cutlery and glassware at every meal.
Revolutionary in concept and design, this innovative outdoor seating area at the bow of the ship is perfect for having a casual meal al fresco, meeting friends for drinks or reading a book, all while enjoying breath taking views and basking in the fresh air.
With floor-to-ceiling glass windows and large, comfortable chairs, the Lounge is the heart of the ship - a gathering place for guests to view the scenery, have a drink, take in lectures and lore, and enjoy local music.
During the day you can take the opportunity to experience on shore excursions, so this is the perfect cruise for those that want to explore Europe and relax in the evening.